Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello World

The first words, programmer speaks in a new language are the same words, that will introduce my blog: Hello World!

Since I was very young (I think I had a C64 at that time), I dreamt of creating my own computer games. Over the years, I've been able to gather a quite strong background in the design and development of computer software. I studies Character Modeling and Animation, alongside with Creative Media and Technologies and finished my studies with a Bsc. title.

My main focus was the development of web software so far, so my fortes are Actionscript (Version 3 preferred), Java, Javscript and Prototype, which I'm doing a lot at work at the moment.

But since almost every job in the game development business demands for proficiency in C++, I finally decided to learn everything I have to know about C++ and stack up my portfolio with some serious games.

I'm not completely new to the development of games. Besides some very old, forgotten Basic games and some small flash games, I've created a neat little 3D pet simulation game called fuXcats during my studies. For this game, I was forced by the University to use 3D Gamestudio A6. Basically, it was quite okay, because a lot of functionality came with the game engine, but I couldn't get the necessary C++ experience. If I succeed to export it to binary some day, I will post it here as well.



So much about my background. In the next posts, I will talk about what I already learned about C++ and what I'm planning to do next.

Cheers,
Felix

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Also ich find das gut was Du da machst.
Liebe Grüße,
Dein Tatzi