Friday, November 14, 2008

Step 3 - Designing a graphical user interface

Okay, you might think: "Who cares about a GUI and graphics? This has nothing to do with the game itself."

But I think, the whole process is important, and also fun and I don't want to learn just the Console Programming side of C++ Development, I want to do the whole stuff.

And because, I'm someone, who really likes fancy graphics, I decided to create a set of assets in Photoshop for my little game.
I need:
- An empty field
- A marked field
- Fields with numbers from 1 to 8
- A field with a mine (exploded)

I decided to bring in my company logo and brand it on the fuX theme. (Fuchs is german for "fox" and its spelled exactly as "fux" [fooks])
So, I decided to put my fox logo on the marked field and, instead of a mine, I decided to use a bear trap.

The main rule is: an unrevealed field is black, whereas a revealed field is white.

So here we go:

Minesweeper asset file.

Minesweeper asset file.

No comments: